Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE GOVERNMENT'S SPENDING PRIORITIES

Yesterday there was an envelope in my mailbox from the IRS. I got all excited thinking that it was my stimulus check. Despite my misgivings about the efficacy of the whole stimulus package, I'm still a poor 23-year-old. Anyway, it was not my stimulus check. It was a letter telling me that my stimulus check would be arriving in a couple of days.

WTF?! The government really needed to waste the paper and other resources to send letters out to tell people that their stimulus packages would be arriving in THREE DAYS?? I'm so delighted to see that while we can't shell out the money to pay for things like health care or better education, we can apparently waste money on postage and envelopes for several million people. It's nice to see how wisely money is being spent here in America.

1 comment:

TheWeyrd1 said...

Well, that's just another example of Republican government gone awry.